Friday, April 15, 2011

Dusting off the Cobwebs

"Whoooo!" That was the sound of me blowing the cobwebs off of my blog. Not only did I dust off the cobwebs I actually did a little renovating around here.  What do you think?

I have been MIA for a while. Never knew raising teenagers could be so challenging & exhausting! If you have small children, take my advice and read all the books on raising teenagers that you can get your hands on before adolescence arrives! Not that it will prepare you for the initial shock of waking up one morning and finding that your child has morphed into this foreign being that does not seem to have a brain. But at least you will have a base of knowledge to pull from. 


I am so thankful to say that despite my lack of ability and knowledge in raising teens God has been very gracious and kept His hand on our kids through every situation that has come up. When I ask for wisdom and discernment He never fails to come through!


In addition to raising teens I am also preparing for a big transition coming up in the life of my family. God is moving us back to Florida! I can't say that I understand completely the reasoning behind this move at this time in our lives, but I can say that I trust God has our best interests at heart. And since He can see the big picture it is better for Him to be the one making the decisions. It's so hard to leave the friends we have made and our church family who we love dearly. The bright side of it is that we are moving back to the same area where most of our family lives (all of our immediate family). So it won't be like moving to some place completely new to us. I'm thankful for that. 


Today is the first day I've had down time in a while so I'm off to watch a movie and relax. I'm hoping for a very relaxing weekend & I hope you have one too!

1 comment:

otherwise known as mom said...

Yeah!!! Glad you're back! You have me scared with the teenager warnings though.